Last Updated: June 12, 2023
What We May Collect
- Registration Information: the users may be required to register and create an account on the App/website for using certain features on our Site and Services. When you submit your personal information to create an account or otherwise enter into any contractual arrangement about the Services being offered on/through DesignCap, PearlMountain Limited may collect and retain your name, contact number, email address, profile pictures, and other details of your personal, professional, or demographic profile. Your contact information may be used to communicate with you and we may also maintain the records of such communication.
- Usage Information: When you use our Site and Services, PearlMountain Limited may collect your device information, browsing behavior, preferences, requirements, most liked/used image editing tools or services, defaults, disputes, violations, arbitration, and other details or metadata related to your use of DesignCap. We may also your personal information or response concerning any promotional offer or events being organized on DesignCap.
Sharing of Public Content
Within our Services you can create content, which may contain account and contact information, and grant permission to others to see, share, edit, copy and download that content based on settings you or your administrator (if applicable) select. Some of the collaboration features of the Services display some or all of your profile information to other Service users when you share or interact with specific content. You can confirm whether certain Service properties are publicly visible from within the Services or by contacting the relevant administrator.
We enable the sharing of user content on our Services. If your content is public-facing, third parties may access and use it. We do not sell that content; it is yours. However, we do allow third parties, such as search engines (e.g., Google), archives, and other members of the public to access and compile public-facing information.
Below is the information that is shared about your uploaded & created content:
- The visuals that you create are by default private and accessible only by you. However, when you share your visual in password protected or public mode, they will be accessible by others. A visual that is shared in public mode will be searchable and indexable by search engines as well.
- The files (images, SVGs) that you upload into DesignCap are private and are accessible only from within the visual in which they are used provided the visual itself has been shared by you.
- DesignCap has a public showcase where we display some of our users’ created visuals as an inspiration for others. Only publicly shared visuals that meet our design standards are showcased. We display your publicly shared visual only with your consent in our showcase section and can also remove any of the visuals from our showcase without notifying you. If you make your showcased visual private, password protected or delete it, it will be also be removed from our showcase.
- If you belong to a team account, then your visuals may be accessible by others in your team based on their roles and the permissions set for the visual.
You can access, edit, change sharing options, and delete your visuals from the dashboard in DesignCap.
PearlMountain Limited will never use any kinds of cookies or automated technologies to collect your personally identifiable information on the Site and Services. Any information that can be used or combined with other data to uniquely identify or contact you will be collected only when you voluntarily submit or share that information to create an account, subscribe to newsletters or other services, make a transaction, respond to any promotional offer, submit your feedback, or otherwise use the Site and Services.
- Collect certain non-identifiable statistical information such as your device type, App version, operating system, browser type, settings and configurations, preferences, and browsing behavior like IP address, ISP, entry and exit pages, timestamps, clicked ads and links, search history, and other details or metadata related to your use of the Site and Services (collectively the User data).
- Facilitate third-party service providers, marketing platforms, and other business entities in their targeted ads serving or offering services based on your search history, preferences, and use of the Services.
- Research, compile, and consolidate the database to evaluate the effectiveness of certain features or services being offered or made available on our Site and Services.
- Access your personal, professional, or demographic profile or data so that you don not have to repeatedly provide the same information for using any service on the websites of our collaborating partners.
- Improve your overall experience on DesignCap. Cookies on our Site and Services can play a very crucial role in resolving technical problems, offering customized services, and completely changing the way you handle your images.
Third Party Cookies
PearlMountain Limited may use the services of Google Analytics, AdSense, AdMob, Facebook, and/or other third-party marketing platforms/services to analyze traffic, understanding the demographic profile of the users, target advertisements, and monitor or improve certain features on our Site and Services. These third parties may be using their cookies and identifiers to collect your personal information in relation to their services or ad serving on this website. For example, Google uses DoubleClick DART cookies to serve ads on the basis of your interests. These DART cookies reside on your device even when your DesignCap session has ended and are successfully logged out.
How we use your Information
PearlMountain Limited may use your personal information to:
- Uniquely identify you on the Site and Services
- Help you create an account, subscribe to services, make transactions, and use DesignCap/Services in a hassle-free manner.
- Pursue/follow up your requests/transactions to ensure that our service providers take your requests seriously.
- Facilitate third parties to offer relevant ads and deals on products and services in case you consent to receive such offers.
- Send newsletters and information about new features, services, and technologies to inform how they are different or more advanced than what you have already used or familiar with.
- Collaborate with third-party service providers to smoothly run our Site and Services, present the content more effectively and improve your overall experience on DesignCap.
- Research, analyze, evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot data analysis, and consolidation of user data for keeping the Site and Services secure or performing other internal purposes.
Your Rights Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
There are international standards relating to personal data processing and use, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to which DesignCap adheres. The GDPR governs how DesignCap may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights.
- Right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold and certain other information about you;
- Right to request for correction of your personal information that we hold.
- Right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict/ suspend processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Right to request the transfer of certain personal information to self or any third party.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time where DesignCap relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Right to lodge a complain with the appropriate authority in case of violation of the applicable laws.
For support on anything related to GDPR, or to exercise any of the mentioned rights, please contact us at support#designcap.com (replace # with @).
Sharing and Disclosure
However, we reserve a right to share your personal information with our trusted partners, service providers, and other third parties who perform your requests on our behalf and make it possible to run our Site and Services. For example, we may share your credit card details with our payment processor so that you can purchase/renew your subscription or make a transaction on/through DesignCap a hassle-free manner. Similarly, we may share your personal information with our service providers for account authentication, database management, service delivery, business promotion, or any other aspect of the Services being offered on the App/website.
When sharing your personal information with our service providers or other third parties, no additional information will be shared except what may be necessary or required by them to perform or deliver your requested services. All such third parties who may have access to or with whom we have shared your personal information will be obligated to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal information. However, PearlMountain Limited will not be liable for any subsequent violation of your privacy rights by such third parties.
PearlMountain Limited may share the user data with the third party advertisers and advertising networks on the Site and Services for facilitating such third parties in their targeted ad serving. The user data pertains to non-identifiable statistical information and we will share only aggregated user data to keep it anonymous. However, we may use your identifiable information in combination with Analytics information to improve our Site and Services.
PearlMountain Limited reserves a right to disclose any record, communication, or personal information to the relevant authorities or other third parties when it believes that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the applicable laws, subpoenas, judicial proceedings, or court orders.
- Co-operate with the investigating or law enforcement agencies and help them in preventing or investigating any fraud or cyber crime.
- Enforce its Terms and Conditions or your other agreements with PearlMountain Limited.
- Protect its business/legal rights, or the rights and well-being of other users and the general public.
- Transfer of its assets as part of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation of this business. If any such change the business ownership occurs, we will inform you and explain the applicable options to protect your privacy on the Site and Services.
You can use the following options to manage your privacy on our Site and Services:
- You may access your personal information that we hold on DesignCap/website and modify or update when required. If you are unable to access or modify your personal information from within your account on DesignCap, you may send your request at support#designcap.com (replace # with @) for such access and correction. However, access and update of your personal information shall be subject to applicable privacy and data protection laws in your jurisdiction. We may refuse any request which is irrelevant, repetitive, systematic, or inconsistent with our business/legal obligations, or commercially unreasonable due to disproportionate technical efforts or expenses. PearlMountain Limited reserves a right to charge a reasonable fee for providing such data access and correction facilities through its privacy officer.
- You may configure your device, operating system, and browser to reject third-party cookies and/or deny access permissions to certain hardware components, device identifiers, or location services on your device. Depending on your device type, certain features may not be available on your device and once consented to location access; you may not be able to disable it.
- You may configure and define your privacy preferences on DesignCap or the relevant section of our Site and Services. For example, you may control how your uploaded/processed images are treated on the Site and Services. When you make your images private, any user on DesignCap will have access to your images only when you grant exclusive permission to that user. On the other hand, if you make your images public, all users on DesignCap will have access to your images and PearlMountain Limited will be entitled to use such images in any media or manner for promoting its business. You will also have a right to block any specific use of your personal information as provisioned on the Site and Services. You can simply define your privacy preferences or contact us at support#designcap.com (replace # with @).
- If you are not satisfied with your privacy practices on the Site and Services, you may simply remove the App and discontinue the Services.
Your privacy on our Site and Services is very important to us. We have implemented internationally accepted standards and safeguards, including the physical, electronic and procedural security measures to ensure that your personal information on DesignCap or this website is never compromised, misused, altered, deleted, or lost. However, despite the measure outlined above, remember that no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free.
It shall be your responsibility to ensure that your device and login passwords remain confidential and you are not accessing our Site and Services from any device with a compromised or vulnerable run-time environment. You should also ensure that your device does not have any non-enterprise application with permissions to access the data on your device.
Please acknowledge that the Services involve the international transmission of data. Your profile information and pictures on DesignCap may be transmitted and stored on servers located in different regions of the world. Your personal information may also be shared with our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties who may be operating outside and subject to less stringent laws than your home country. Such practices make us disaster ready and allow more effective/efficient processing of transactions and provisioning of your requested services and support, but also create certain security risks that are inherent to data transmissions over mobile networks and the Internet. Using DesignCap or any feature or service being offered on this website shall be deemed as your consent to the International transmission and processing of your personal information.
PearlMountain Limited shall not be liable for any breach of data transmissions or encryption algorithms, security vulnerabilities or hacking of DesignCap, unauthorized access, alteration, deletion, loss, or misuse of your personal information and/or images on our Site and Services. You shall use the App/Services at your own risks and discretion.
Links to third party websites
This App/website may contain links or ads to third-party websites, services, or content. Such links may be included to provide useful information related to photo editing, graphic design, and photo collages so that you can handle your photo imaging projects like a true professional. However, third-party websites are subject to the terms and policies of the respective providers and we do not control any product, service, or content, including the views, reviews, testimonials, information, advice, suggestions, or recommendations being featured or made available on the third-party websites.
PearlMountain Limited does not approve, endorse, recommend, or renounce any product, service, or content being featured or made available by the linked websites, and shall not be liable for any claims, liabilities, damages, costs, consequences that may result from your access to third-party websites or reliance on any product, service, information, or content featured on such websites.
Meta Platform Data Prohibition Compliance
DesignCap respects and strictly adheres to the stringent data storage standards stipulated by our third-party service provider, Meta. As a testament to our commitment to these standards, we detail below the specific measures we have taken to prohibit the storage of Meta's platform data on any organizational or personal devices:
I. Prohibition of Storage on Organizational or Personal Devices
At DesignCap, we abide by a stringent policy that expressly forbids the storage of Meta platform data on organizational or personal devices. We ensure that our operational conduct is in complete compliance with this policy.
II. Regular Audits and Compliance Checks
DesignCap carries out regular audits and compliance checks to affirm compliance with this policy. These checks are designed to confirm that Meta platform data is neither stored on any organizational nor personal devices, and that all employees adhere strictly to this policy.
III. Employee Training and Penalties for Non-compliance
To further ensure adherence, DesignCap mandates that all employees undergo thorough training focused on this policy. This training emphasizes the prohibition of storing Meta platform data on any personal or organizational devices. DesignCap has a zero-tolerance policy for non-compliance, with significant disciplinary action taken against any breach, up to and including termination of employment.
This policy is legally binding for DesignCap and all its employees. Any breach or non-compliance with any of the provisions outlined above will result in appropriate disciplinary actions, as well as potential legal repercussions.
We never knowingly target or solicit any personal information from children. Please acknowledge that PearlMountain Limited reserves a right to remove any all personal information of minors who are less than 13 years of age.
If you have any questions, concerns, or privacy issues on this website, please contact us at support#designcap.com (replace # with @).